You may have considered a subkick at some point, but found that too many questions and uncertainties arose and therefore never got around to actually check it out. Well, here are your answers.
OK, there may be some that this FAQ on Solomon’s website don’t answer, but they have created a nice support article covering some of the questions they have received the most regarding the LoFReQ microphone. For instance, topics include:
- DOES IT USE A SPECIAL CABLE?
- DOES IT TAKE A SEPARATE CHANNEL?
- IS IT PHANTOM POWERED?
- HOW DO I SET THE GAIN STAGE?
- WHERE SHOULD I START ROLLING OFF THE HIGHS WHEN MICING A KICK DRUM?
- WHY NOT JUST A DIFFERENT MIC FOR MORE LOW END RESPONSE?
- CAN I USE IT BY ITSELF?
- CAN YOU ONLY USE MIC STANDS?
- ISN’T IT TOO HEAVY FOR A NORMAL MIC STAND?
- CAN YOU MOUNT INSIDE A BASS DRUM?
- HOW DOES IT WORK IN QUIETER SETTINGS?
- AND MORE…