Aman Khosla got his hands (and feet) on a Morley M2 Expression Pedal and uses it to control the pitch module in an Axe FX processor, turning it into a Whammy on steroids.
As Aman points out, the Morley M2 Passive Voltage Control Expression Pedal is indeed ‘passive’, which means that it doesn’t require any kind of power. No batteries, no external power supply. Also, this is a one-way pedal. You don’t pass your signal through it, but let it control any parameter supported by devices that has voltage control or an expression pedal input. It could be a digital amp, an effect pedal or a synth.
In this case, it’s a Fractal Axe FX 2 unit is under its control by simply using a standard TRS (stereo) cable to hook up the pedal and set to control the pitch block for some wild Whammy effects. But of course, you could use it for controlling e.g. Rate or Depth on a chorus effect, reverb tails or whatever you could imagine. This is pedal that sparks inspiration!
And according to Aman, the M2 is in a class of it’s own, simply standing out amongst the rest in it’s own unique and heavy way. Now, let’s hear him take it our for a rocking spin:
- Passive Voltage Control / Expression – No battery or power adapter needed.
- Smooth Consistent Taper – Ensures accurate control of various parameters.
- TRS Connection – Use a TRS cable (stereo cable) to hook up the pedal.
- Super Versatile – Ready to control any device with a voltage control or expression pedal feature.
- Built to Last – Road-worthy, cold-rolled steel housing.
- Dimensions – 9.13″ (L) / 5.88″ (W) / 2.75″ (H)
- Current Draw – N/A (passive)